- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 Tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (I couldn't find this and used red wine vinegar instead)
- 1/4 cup minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large flank steak (about 2 1/4 lb.)
1. In a blender or food processor, combine soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger and ground pepper. Purée until smooth.
2. With a fork, pierce the steak many times. Place it in a large ziplock bag and pour the soy sauce mixture over the meat. Marinate in refrigerator 4 hrs. (I marinate mine for 24 hrs.)
3. Return to room temperature.
4. Preheat gas grill on medium high.
5. Grill steak covered for 5 min. on first side. Turn the steak over and grill covered about 4 minutes longer for medium rare.
6. Transfer steak to a platter and cover tightly. Let stand for 10 min.
7. Holding a sharp knife at a 45 degree angle, cut steak across the grain into thin slices.