This could be called beef at its best. A simple rub including chili powder, garlic and brown sugar adds that special touch.
- 2 to 4 McLaughlin Farm Porterhouse, T-Bone, or Strip Steaks cut 1½ inch thick
- Coarse Salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Thaw steak(s) in refrigerator 1-2 days.
Combine BBQ Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill, covered, about 4 minutes per side. With an instant thermometer, check the temperature and pull steaks off at 125°F. Do not overcook.
Let steaks rest for 5 to 10 minutes, covered. As they rest, the temperature will rise to 135°F for medium rare. Remove bones and carve steaks across the grain, into thin slices. Season with coarse salt, as desired.
Recipe adapted from Beef It’s What’s for Dinner