- 8 oz. Highland Hot Italian Sausage
- 8 oz. Highland Sweet Italian Sausage
- 2 cups sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. Highland Ground Beef
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Ancho Chile pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
Whisk ½ c. catsup, eggs and red wine together and set aside.
Mix the ground beef through the pepper together in a large bowl. Add the catsup mixture and mix thoroughly, but do not over manipulate.
Spread the meat mixture flat out on a piece of foil 12 x 18, leaving a 2 inch border around the foil.
Spread the grilled cut vegetables on top of the meat.
Gently roll up the meat using the foil and form it into a meatloaf with the vegetables inside, like a pinwheel.
Spread the remaining catsup on top of the meatloaf. Seal the foil. Wrap in 2 more pieces of foil and place on the grill.
The meatloaf cooks with indirect heat. This is accomplished by turning off any burners below the meat. The side burners should be the same setting medium or low and the lid should remain closed to prevent heat loss.
The meatloaf should cook about 1 hour.
Before removing from the grill insert instant thermometer into the center of the meatloaf. The internal temperature should register 155⁰ F before taking it off the grill.
Let it set for at least 15 minutes in foil before slicing. The internal temperature should be at least 160⁰ F before serving.