Sliders, a mini-hamburger, are great appetizers or a fun meal. These are great for larger groups: they are easy to serve and eat!!
- 1 pound Highland Grass Fed ground beef
- 8 slider buns
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons softened butter
- 16 dill pickle slices (not spears)
Start your charcoal fire or your gas grill and heat to a medium high temperature.
Divide your ground beef into 8 equal portions, roughly 2 TBLS each. Do not over work the beef. Form into balls, then press into a patty. Sprinkle each patty, on both sides, with salt and pepper. Let the patties sit for 15 minutes.
Combine the shallots, Vidalia onion, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and butter in a small bowl. Stir together well.
Spray the grill with non-stick grilling cooking spray. Grill the sliders. The sliders should only take about 3 minutes if the grill is hot. Pull off the grill, cover with foil and let them rest for 5 minutes. (Resting allows the meat to reabsorb the fluids!)
Spread the mustard mixture on each side of the bun. On the bottom half of the bun layer a slider and then a couple pickle slices. Top it off with the top of the bun.